The island nation of Indonesia straddles the equator between the Indian and Pacific Oceans and lies at the heart of the ‘Coral Triangle’ - the epicentre of the world’s marine biodiversity. Nowhere on earth can visitors experience such a range of spectacular diving - from encounters with huge whale sharks and oceanic manta rays, to muck dives with beautiful Rhinopias and the exceedingly rare psychedelic frogfish.
There is nowhere on earth quite like the Maldives. With its pristine white sandy beaches, over-water bungalows and extensive healthy reefs, the Maldives provide front row access to a spectacular abundance of beauty and marine life - including some extraordinary big fish encounters. Comprised of over 26 ring-shaped atolls and more than 1,000 coral islands, the planet’s lowest lying country is the perfect tropical holiday destination and a worthy ‘bucket list’ addition for any discerning diver.
- Get away from it all at some of the most luxurious island resorts in the world
- Snorkel the plankton-rich waters of Hanifaru Bay among feeding whale sharks and manta rays
- Enjoy liveaboard experiences that allow you to cruise in style and explore the more remote - and exciting - dive sites
- Dive healthy coral reefs and channels in search of big pelagics and schooling fish
- Discover serenity amidst some idyllic island scenery - perfect for couples rekindling that spark of romance
BAA ATOLLNorthern Atolls
Best time to visit: The manta season runs from May to December, with best months from late July to early October
- Snorkel with congregations of feeding manta rays and whale sharks at Hanifaru Bay
- Enjoy some of the best thila dives in the Maldives' UNESCO Biosphere Reserve
- Fantastic underwater topography, with dramatic overhangs and swim-throughs
SOUTH MALÉ ATOLLCentral Atolls
Best time to visit: Year round, December to May best for the channel dives
- Kandooma (or Cocoa ) thila, one of the Maldives' best dive sites
- Schooling eagle rays and a grey reef shark cleaning station
- Excellent surf breaks and shallow reefs for snorkeling
VAAVU ATOLLCentral Atolls
Best time to visit: Year round, with the best conditions from December to April
- Incredible channel dives with great marine diversity, including the famous Fotteyo Kandu
- The famous night dive at Alimatha jetty with rays and sharks galore
- A tranquil atoll with affordable local island guest houses
Escape from it all with your partner, discover the incredible marine life in Vaavu Atoll and enjoy local hospitality on Fulidhoo Island. With half-board accommodation in the eco-friendly Thundi Guest House and 10 dives per person including equipment rental, this is an affordable way to experience your slice of Maldivian life and paradise. Price starting from low season rates (May to July).
- Super Deluxe Room at Thundi Guest House
- 10 dives per person including equipment rental
- Half board
- Return speedboat transfer from Male'
- All government taxes and service charge
- Additional trip fees, such as an early morning hammerhead safari or Alimatha night dive
- Alcohol - strictly prohibited on local islands