The island nation of Indonesia straddles the equator between the Indian and Pacific Oceans and lies at the heart of the ‘Coral Triangle’ - the epicentre of the world’s marine biodiversity. Nowhere on earth can visitors experience such a range of spectacular diving - from encounters with huge whale sharks and oceanic manta rays, to muck dives with beautiful Rhinopias and the exceedingly rare psychedelic frogfish.
The Philippines is defined by its breathtaking landscapes, diverse marine life, lush rice terraces and mountain slopes, graffiti-splashed jeepneys, and the smiling, friendly people of this island nation. With a unique cultural heritage, experiences here are a world apart from the rest of Southeast Asia and the Philippines is fast becoming the ideal holiday destination for divers, sun worshippers and adrenaline junkies alike.
- Explore more than 7000 tropical islands within the Coral Triangle
- Encounter threshers sharks at Malapascua - one of the world’s only locations were sightings are near guaranteed
- Search for bizarre underwater critters in Anilao, Dauin and Puerto Galera
- Snorkel with whale sharks in Oslob, Donsol and Leyte
- Escape to the volcanic island of Camiguin or the surf mecca of Siargao
- Discover UNESCO sites in Palawan and Tubattaha Reef
Best time to visit: November to April
- “The center of the center of the world’s marine shorefish biodiversity”
- Fantastic muck and wrecks off Sabang Beach, stunning reefs at Verde Island
- The long curve of White Beach with gorgeous sand and plenty of bars and resorts