Luxurious, exclusive and simply spectacular, these are the best luxury dive resorts in the Maldives - perfect for your dream scuba diving getaway! Keep reading to find your favourite.
The Maldives is a destination that positively oozes opulence and luxury. White sand beaches, crystal clear lagoons, and swaying palm trees typify the country and lend to its incredible aesthetic. This sprawling archipelago is home to a "one island one resort" concept - with each tiny tropical patch housing just one lush retreat. And, when it comes to all-inclusive diving holidays, the Maldives are easily the planet's top destination. You can expect outstanding facilities for divers, stunning house reefs, and world-class diving with supersized ocean wildlife including whale sharks and manta rays.
Joali - Raa Atoll
This ultra-luxury dive resort immerses guests in art, adventure, and the natural beauty of the Maldives. With a modern, on-trend design and luxurious details everywhere you look, Joali offers a private island experience like no other. Sumptuous offerings include spacious and chic villas with on-call butler service, delectable chef-prepared meals with whiskey and cigars to follow, and a stunning variety of calming spa services. Joali takes luxury diving holidays to the next level with concierge service, outstanding facilities for divers of all levels, and endless diving and snorkelling opportunities on the island's expansive house reef and further afield in the spectacular Raa Atoll.
- Great for - Art lovers and guests who prefer bespoke, custom experiences and chic modern aesthetics
- Best time to travel - Visit between January and April for excellent diving and snorkelling conditions
Hurawalhi Island Resort - Lhaviyani Atoll
This five-star adults-only private luxury dive resort caters to adventurous couples and dive buddies with lush accommodations and romantic touches. Hurawalhi Island Resort boasts some of Lhaviyani's most exciting amenities including an underwater fine dining restaurant, award-winning spa, daily yacht charter, and an expansive menu of excursions for two. Plus, spacious and modern villas surrounded by tropical gardens and dazzling white sand. This resort's impressive services for divers include guided day trips visiting the atoll's famous shipwrecks and manta cleaning stations, underwater scooter adventures, and free nitrox. You'll also have unlimited access to the island's house reef - a secret haven for macro enthusiasts.
- Great for - Adventurous couples who want to get away from it all with luxurious surroundings and world-class diving
- Best time to travel - Plan your trip between January and April for the best weather and diving conditions
Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru - Baa Atoll
This dive resort is redefining sustainable luxury and makes a perfect jumping-off point for exploring the Baa Atoll's unique natural environment. This UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve is home to incredible scuba diving, and legendary Hanifaru Bay - one of the planet's best places for observing reef manta rays. Back at Laanda Giraavaru, you'll find perfectly appointed villas, four global restaurants serving chef-prepared cuisine, and an award-winning spa. Plus, endless opportunities for exploration on the island's lovely house reef, with or without a guide. Neighbouring Voavah Island, also a Four Seasons property, is available for private rental only, and might just be the Maldives most exclusive property.
- Great for - Nearly guaranteed reef manta encounters, luxurious surroundings, and seamless customer service
- Best time to travel - If you’re hoping to visit Hanifaru Bay, plan to visit between July and October, when conditions and wildlife are at their peak
Nautilus - Baa Atoll - Best Luxury Dive Resort in the Maldives
This unique, bohemian hideaway, offers guests a highly personalised experience that effortlessly captures the essence of barefoot luxury dive resort. At Nautilus, you're free to do as you please - whenever and wherever. Kick back and relax with fine dining, and an opulent villa surrounded by white sand. Take the plunge with the region's most famous residents - reef mantas in nearby Hanifaru Bay, or explore at your own pace on the island's house reef.
- Great for - Guests who love luxury but don't enjoy the fussy atmosphere of a large resort
- Best time to travel - Visit from July to October for the best snorkelling conditions and most manta sightings in Hanifaru Bay
One&Only Reethi Rah - North Male
Welcome to an elite world of relaxation, privacy and adventure. Couples and families alike will feel perfectly at home with spacious and luxurious beach and lagoon villas, eight restaurants, an unrivalled watersports centre and some of the region's best facilities for kids. If you're new to the world of scuba diving, Reethi Rah's PADI 5-Star Gold Palm dive centre is a great place to start your underwater education. Those with a little more experience can explore the atoll's outer reefs in search of manta rays and sharks. And, with marine conservation at its heart, this luxury resort is the perfect choice for eco-conscious guests seeking a unique and earth-friendly experience.
- Great for - Families, watersports enthusiasts, and scuba divers of all skill and comfort levels
- Best time to visit - Take advantage of this region’s calm, clear, water and excellent surface conditions from January through April
Ready to explore the Maldives?
Search, compare, and book from over 500+ resorts and liveaboards
COMO Cocoa - South Male
Nature itself is the number one attraction at this exclusive and luxurious eco-conscious dive resort, surrounded by colourful coral reefs and white sand bars. This island boasts a truly unique style with lavish over-water villas inspired by dhonis - traditional Maldivian fishing boats. And, from the serene wellness centre and spa to the barefoot bar and restaurant serving COMO’s distinctive Shambhala Cuisine, every element is tailored to maximise wellbeing. Adventurous guests have it all here with incredible watersports, marine megafauna expeditions with nearly guaranteed sightings, and epic diving on the island's expansive house reef.
- Great for - Wellness-focused visitors who enjoy spa services, daily yoga, and healthy fine dining
- Best time to visit - Visit between January and April for excellent conditions and plenty of pelagics
W Retreat - North Ari
Experience the best in luxury scuba diving holidays from this heart-shaped picture-perfect paradise. Set on powder-white sands amidst lush greenery and overlooking a cobalt blue lagoon, this five-star retreat combines stunning natural beauty and elegant design. Relish W Retreat’s extensive wellness and fitness opportunities, alongside sensational global flavours, exhilarating watersports, enriching excursions and incredible diving. Whether exploring North Ari Atoll's famous channels and cleaning stations, indulging in the spa, or relaxing in your spacious and modern villa, W Retreat is guaranteed to surpass all your expectations. This luxury dive resort also offers exclusive overnight liveaboards to mind-blowing sites with whale sharks and hammerheads.
- Great for - Dedicated divers looking to maximise on their time in this mind blowing region
- Best time to visit - Dive this atoll between January and April for outstanding diving conditions plus wildlife galore
Lily Beach - South Ari
Get up close and personal with South Ari Atoll's most impressive wildlife and exciting dive sites from this family-friendly private island luxury dive resort. Adventurous guests can make the most of their time in the Maldives with unlimited access to the house reef, once-in-a-lifetime whale shark encounters, plus independent adventures for experienced buddy teams. And, after a long day of fun in the sun, you're guaranteed to feel perfectly pampered in your spacious and well-appointed villa or suite, or with a delicious sundowner cocktail and sheesha by the pool. Other little luxuries like an award-winning day spa and a fun all-day kid's club will help your whole group relax, recharge, and play their days away.
- Great for - Adventurous families, dedicated divers, and whale shark fanatics
- Best time to visit - Plan your trip between January and April for excellent visibility, whale sharks, and good conditions on the house reef
Six Senses Laamu - Laamu Atoll
With an emphasis on barefoot serenity, Six Senses offers an individual and natural style, with a wonderful sense of privacy. Set against white sand, turquoise water and lush vegetation, the resort’s villas provide an environmentally sustainable, yet well-appointed interior design with spectacular water views. Guests are invited to explore the island's stunning house reef and world-class sites further afield in Laamu Atoll, or indulge themselves at the renowned Six Senses Spa. But what truly sets this luxury dive resort apart is its commitment to sustainability, community and conservation. Nowhere else can guests enjoy such a unique and luxurious experience whilst minimising the impact tourism has on the environment of the Maldives.
- Great for - Luxury diving holidays without negative impact on the region's fragile ecosystem
- Best time to visit - Between January and April, this region’s weather and underwater conditions are at their very best
Complete guide to the best diving in the Maldives. Explore the atolls, seasons, and pro tips in this free 37 page destination guide.