Explore Komodo, Flores, Alor and Banda Sea onboard this luxury liveaboard rich in history and style
- World-class personalised service from a team with over two decades of experience
- An intimate luxury liveaboard with just eight guests on board
- Exciting watersports and inland excursions perfect for non-divers and children
- Dive Indonesia’s top sites in Komodo, Alor and Flores
The beautiful Adelaar boasts over a century of rich history, having sailed worldwide before earning her place among Indonesia’s elite liveaboards. With the luxury and comfort of a five star hotel, guests can enjoy every opulence, and with just eight guests on board, Adelaar offers all of this in a truly intimate atmosphere. From the superb dive deck, guests can swim with manta rays in Komodo or dive pristine reefs in Alor. Add in excursions and exhilarating water activities, and guests are assured a world-class liveaboard adventure.
Number of cabins
Scheduled, private charter available
Built in Holland in 1902, this beautiful teak-decked vessel sailed throughout Scandinavia, the Baltic, Mediterranean and Caribbean for almost 100 years - and its log book is still displayed in the “Scheepsmuseum” in Groningen, Holland. After an extensive refit in 2011, Adelaar began life as a luxury liveaboard, equipped with top class facilities and the luxury of a five-star hotel. Since then, Adelaar has provided style-soaked experiences throughout Indonesia. This vessel’s incredible itineraries also include hidden gems of Komodo, Alor and Flores, as well as adventurous excursions to secluded beaches and cultural villages.
Adelaar caters to today’s discerning traveller, who expects the best in luxury sailing and diving. The first-class crew - selected for their expertise and experience in these waters - look after just eight guests on board, making Adelaar the perfect choice for an intimate luxury liveaboard experience. Between dives, guests enjoy sleek luxury in air conditioned ensuite cabins, an opulent saloon and a stunning sun deck. And when you’re not dining under the stars, cocktail in hand, or kayaking through crystal waters, you’ll be exploring Indonesia’s world-famous dive sites and untouched remote islands from the superb dive deck.
Adelaar is beautifully-decorated throughout with teak panelling and high ceilings - modern in style with a touch of old world charm. The upper and lower decks are ideal for lounging between dives providing comfortable seating with stunning ocean views. Below deck there is an additional seating area for playing games or browsing the library. Expert Balinese chefs prepare gourmet Indonesian and Western cuisine and guests can choose to dine under the stars, or in the air conditioned saloon equipped with an entertainment system. The bar is fully stocked with cold drinks, local beers and imported wines and spirits - night dive or cocktail, the choice is yours.
Diving from Adelaar
The outstanding dive deck has ample space for kitting up and gear storage, as well as hot water showers. Full rental equipment and nitrox are available, and divers have the added comfort of their own Nautilus Lifeline. Plus, diving takes place from two dive tenders for ease and convenience. Combined with kayaks, stand up paddleboards and inland excursions to Indonesia’s secluded beaches, cultural villages and more, and you’ve got a premier liveaboard perfectly suited to guests of all types.
- Take an advanced open water certification before your trip to better enjoy the awesome manta ray and pelagic-filled currents of Komodo!
- Kayaks and stand up paddleboards as well as land excursions are on offer, meaning non-divers and families with children are well catered for while the divers are busy underwater!
- The beautiful master suite is perfect for a family, with more space and an extra convertible sofa bed.
- For the ultimate Indonesian luxury liveaboard experience, why not book a private charter with Adelaar?