Explore Indonesia’s best diving destinations onboard an intimate and eco-friendly phinisifrom $218 /day
- Accommodates guests in just 4 cabins - perfect for small groups
- One of the region's most environmentally-conscious liveaboard options
- Exhilarating itineraries to Komodo, Banda Sea and Raja Ampat
One of two sister vessels operated by Liquid Adventures, the Akomo Isseki is a beautiful phinisi outfitted specifically for scuba diving expeditions. This liveaboard's adventurous voyages throughout the Indonesian Archipelago include seasonal trips to Raja Ampat, Komodo, and the Banda Sea. Social and environmentally aware guests will love this boat's intimate setting, earth-friendly attitude, and outstanding customer service.
Number of cabins
Scheduled, private charter available
Are you a laid back traveller who values time underwater over unnecessary frills? Do you prefer to dive with an environmentally conscious operator? If so, you're going to love the Akomo Isseki. This boat visits some of Indonesia's most exciting dive destinations, including Raja Ampat, Komodo, and the Banda Sea. Despite its size, this boat feels plenty spacious, with individual equipment areas, a charging table, and a breezy outdoor saloon for relaxing at the end of a long day in the water. Plus, with just a few divers onboard, you'll feel more like you're on a family vacation than a high-end holiday - and that's the whole idea!
Handcrafted from tropical hardwood and designed specifically for Indonesian liveaboard diving, Liquid Adventure's two traditional phinisi style vessels combine classical appeal with 21st-century technology. Accommodating eight passengers each, these liveaboards are perfect for families, a close circle of friends, or individual travellers exploring the Indonesian Archipelago. Both boats were built to be environmentally conscious and highly economical, running all electrical systems from solar panels to reduce emissions and operational noise.
Onboard Akomo Isseki
The Akomo Isseki liveaboard holds just eight passengers, so it's perfect for families or small circles of friends exploring the Indonesian Archipelago. In fact, this is one of the region's most intimate boats! Guest cabins feature solid teak wood, natural ventilation, and plenty of storage, and are serviced by two shared bathroom facilities with modern appliances and flush toilets. A communal dining area, shaded dive deck and breezy outdoor saloon provide plenty of space for guests to socialise, swap stories, and compare the day's best photos. Meals include a mix of Indonesian and Western dishes including freshly baked bread, hot coffee, and plenty of post-dive snacks.
Diving from Akomo Isseki
This traditional phinisi style vessel offers classical aesthetics like tropical hardwood combined with modern comfort for divers. The Akomo Isseki is powered by the sun's rays, running all electrical systems from solar panels to reduce emissions and operational noise, making it one of the most environmentally friendly liveaboards in Indonesia. A charging station for electrical items is operated for several hours daily so guests can keep their batteries topped up for generous periods. In between dives, guests are free to use onboard snorkelling equipment and kayaks.
- If you're the kind of diver who loves their electronics, bring along a spare battery bank or solar charger. This boat's environmentally-friendly policies won't allow you to charge your toys around the clock.
- Don't forget to pack a few books and board games for entertainment. Or, plan to spend your evenings stargazing and socialising with the other guests.
- If you're hoping to see large pelagics like manta rays and sharks, plan your trip during a full moon. This part of the month promises stronger currents, increasing your chances for an encounter.
- Most of this boat's itineraries feature at least one land-based excursion. Be sure to pack walking shoes, comfortable clothes, and plenty of sun protection!
The Akomo Isseki features a unique environmentally conscious design, running all electrical systems from solar panels. This helps to reduce emissions and operational noise and makes Akomo Isseki one of Indonesia's most earth-friendly vessels. Liquid Adventures is proud to support reef-safe diving. This includes detailed environmental dive briefings, a strict no-touch policy, and an effort to reduce plastic waste on all their vessels.