Perhentian Marine Research Station
Anemone research and conservation activities in the Perhentian Islands
- Learn about and support environmental causes while engaging and empowering the local community
- Learn to scuba dive and take part in our marine conservation volunteer project
- Preserve and restore coral reefs and seagrass beds around the Perhentian islands
Learn to scuba dive and take part in a marine conservation volunteer project. Restore corals, conduct anemone surveys and help with direct conservation actions. Gain hands on skills on operating a precious plastic machine so you can collect ocean plastic and make your own recycled souvenirs.
About Perhentian Marine Research Station
To conserve the the marine environment with a focus on coral reefs, seagrass beds, and waste management while engaging the local community in the Perhentian Islands.
- To conserve and protect the coral reefs in the Perhentian Islands through rehabilitation methods and reef diversity monitoring
- Assess and monitor seagrass beds
- Management of waste through beach cleanups and creating recycled products using a precious plastic machine
The Perhentian Marine Research Station is based in two places in Kampung Pasir Hantu - Fisherman's Village - on Perhentian Kecil, Malaysia.