An awarding-winning modern Maldives liveaboard designed by divers, for divers
- An award-winning dive service based on experience, excellence and attention to detail
- Choose from a number of unique itineraries across the Maldives
- A modern, stylish and comfortable vessel designed by divers, for divers
- Discover the world-famous channels and reefs of the Maldives, where sharks and mantas await
Carpe Vita offers world-class liveaboard cruises to the best diving in the Maldives. Divers enjoy a premier dive service based on experience and excellence, complemented by spacious, plush cabins, convenient camera facilities, an ocean view jacuzzi, and up to three dives per day at world-renowned dive sites. Every part of the vessel and its itineraries are about luxury, comfort and superb diving, assuring guests a memorable liveaboard holiday with an expert team - one that has rightfully earned its award-winning status.
Number of cabins
Scheduled, private charter available
Introducing Carpe Diem Cruises’ second boat - Carpe Vita - a 38 metre-long sister safari yacht of the Carpe Diem. Built in the Maldives in 2011, she and her outstanding crew provide an award-winning liveaboard service to iconic dive sites across the Maldives. Modern in design and built with comfort in mind, the vessel boasts a light, airy atmosphere. Divers will love the spacious, stylish cabins, stunning outdoor decks, high quality dive gear, top of the range facilities including air conditioned lounges, a blissful jacuzzi, a dedicated dive tender and a PADI dive instructor on hand for dive courses on board every trip. Scheduled trips usually depart every Sunday, for 7 or 10 nights itineraries, and full and half charter cruises are also available.
Carpe Diem Cruises’ fleet of modern, spacious and well-appointed motor yachts offer a premier diving service in the Maldives. Born from a passion for Maldives diving, the fleet was designed by divers, for divers, with comfort, convenience and luxury in mind. Luxurious, yet casual, divers will love their modernity and attention to detail, from skilfully-designed lounges and well-appointed cabins, to top deck luxuries. All three vessels and their friendly, professional crew offer an unparalleled liveaboard experience throughout the Maldives. Guests can explore the best dive sites, with exciting routes and itineraries that take into consideration the changing seasons, and highlight the best of the Maldives throughout the year
Onboard Carpe Vita
10 stylish cabins each with air conditioning, an en-suite bathroom and full-length windows for bright ocean views are divided over three decks, providing plenty of space for up to 20 divers. If you are looking for something extra special, then consider the two larger VIP suites situated on the top deck with the most exquisite ocean views. On the lower deck, there’s an air conditioned lounge and restaurant area with all-day tea and coffee available, a flat screen TV, sound system, library and comfortable sitting area with plug points for laptop use.
Multiple outdoor seating areas on three decks provide shade and relaxation spots - perfect for taking in the colours of the Indian Ocean. On the upper deck, there’s the main open-air dining area and bar where guests enjoy a refreshing selection of beers, wines cocktails and soft drinks, and indulge in a delicious local and international cuisine prepared by the fine dining chef. On the spacious sun deck you can top up your tan, while the jacuzzi and lounge area complete the picture.
Diving from Carpe Vita
Divers enjoy up to three dives per day in small groups, and a PADI instructor is always on board to teach dive courses. Top quality dive equipment is available for rent, as well as nitrox, and photographers are well-catered for with designated camera tables and charging stations. To maximise space and comfort on board, diving is done from a 20 metre-long support vessel known as a ‘dhoni’. It has plenty of space for dive gear and movement, as well as freshwater showers, a toilet and several ladders for easy entry and exit.
- Open water divers are welcome, however, it’s recommended to get an advanced diver certification before or during your trip because many of the best dive sites can experience currents!
- For a unique experience, why not take advantage of the manta specialty course? What better way to learn more about these majestic creatures than diving alongside them?
- Pack extra batteries, toiletries and sunscreen for your trip. The Maldives isn’t a great place for shopping, so you might find it difficult to stock up on essentials when you’re there.
- Bring an underwater camera to take snaps of colourful reefs, tropical fish and epic shark and manta ray action - all which have made the Maldives an iconic diving destination!