Enjoy an award-winning Maldives experience on a luxury liveaboard designed by divers, for divers
- Enjoy luxury and opulence onboard the largest Carpe Diem yacht
- Dive the stunning reefs and channels of the Maldives, where sharks and manta rays congregate
- Choose unique itineraries designed to take advantage of the changing seasons
- Experience an award-winning dive service based on years of experience in the Maldives
The largest and newest of the Carpe Diem luxury fleet, the Carpe Novo spoils divers with award-winning liveaboard cruises to the best diving spots in the Maldives. You’ll enjoy a premier dive service based on years of experience and excellence, complemented by luxury facilities and comfortable, stylish spaces. Divers can enjoy up to three dives per day at iconic Maldives dive sites teeming with healthy corals, tropical fish, sharks and epic manta ray action. Designed by divers, for divers, the opulent vessel and its exciting itineraries, as well is its passionate, expert and friendly crew will exceed your expectations of a luxury Maldives liveaboard cruise.
Number of cabins
Scheduled, private charter available
Carpe Novo is the newest and largest addition to the luxurious Carpe Diem fleet. The 42 metre-long motor safari yacht began operating in 2016, and has since been providing a premier liveaboard service throughout the Maldives based on experience, excellence and attention to detail. She has 12 spacious, stylish cabins to accommodate up to 22 divers, and three decks that feature opulent spaces, including plush air conditioned lounges, exquisite ocean-view dining and bar areas and a scenic sundeck for soaking up the sun. Superb diving facilities designed for comfort and convenience include dive tenders, a support vessel, top-quality dive gear, free nitrox, equipment room, fantastic camera facilities, and a PADI dive instructor on hand for dive courses. Scheduled trips usually depart every Saturday for 7 or 10 nights itineraries, and full and half charter cruises are also available.
Carpe Diem Cruises’ fleet of modern, spacious and well-appointed motor yachts offer a premier diving service in the Maldives. Born from a passion for Maldives diving, the fleet was designed by divers, for divers, with comfort, convenience and luxury in mind. Luxurious, yet casual, divers will love their modernity and attention to detail, from skilfully-designed lounges and well-appointed cabins, to top deck luxuries. All three vessels and their friendly, professional crew offer an unparalleled liveaboard experience throughout the Maldives. Guests can explore the best dive sites, with exciting routes and itineraries that take into consideration the changing seasons, and highlight the best of the Maldives throughout the year.
Onboard Carpe Novo
12 well-appointed, air conditioned cabins of 3 types divided over 3 decks provide plenty of space for up to 22 divers. Each has an ensuite bathroom, TV and storage space. On the main deck, the opulent indoor lounge and dive briefing area has a large flat-screen TV with entertainment system, a library and tea and coffee making facilities. Step outside and you’ll find a cushioned outdoor shaded seating area, while the upper deck has the al-fresco dining area and fully-stocked bar, where guests dine and sip wines, beers and cocktails with ocean views while enjoying a mix of local and international cuisine prepared by expert chefs. A partially shaded sundeck with comfy sunbeds is the perfect place to work on your tan or enjoy sunset cocktails while taking in extraordinary views of the Indian Ocean.
Diving from carpe Novo
There’s also a dive equipment storage room full of high quality rental gear, along with a convenient camera room with tables and charging stations. Plus, you’ll be delighted to know that nitrox is free of charge to all certified divers. Guests enjoy up to three dives per day in small groups with expert guides, and a PADI instructor is always on board to teach dive courses. To ensure maximum space and comfort on board, diving is done from Carpe Novo’s 18 metre-long support vessel called a ‘dhoni’, which has plenty of room for equipment storage and kitting up, and is fitted with convenient ladders for easy entry and exit
- Why try something unique by taking the manta specialty course? What better way to learn more about these majestic creatures than diving alongside them?
- It’s recommended to get an advanced diver certification before or during your trip because many of the best dive sites on the itinerary can experience currents!
- Pack extra toiletries, sunscreen, batteries and anything else you may need for your trip. The Maldives isn’t a great place for shopping, so you might find it difficult to stock up on essentials when you’re there.
- Don’t forget to bring an underwater camera! You’ll regret not having some way to capture your memories of the Maldives' kaladeiosopic corals, tropical fish and epic shark and manta ray action