The island nation of Indonesia straddles the equator between the Indian and Pacific Oceans and lies at the heart of the ‘Coral Triangle’ - the epicentre of the world’s marine biodiversity. Nowhere on earth can visitors experience such a range of spectacular diving - from encounters with huge whale sharks and oceanic manta rays, to muck dives with beautiful Rhinopias and the exceedingly rare psychedelic frogfish.
Discover one of the world's best-kept secrets...an epic dive trip from Sydney to Coffs Harbour that takes you from the heart of a city to the infamous Solitary Islands in search of some of Australia's most spectacular marine wildlife while soaking up some of the best landscapes, culture, wildlife, food and wine the continent has to offer.
- Dive among city skyscrapers into a no-take zone with a chance of Port Jackson Sharks, Giant Cuttlefish and Weedy Sea Dragons
- Presentations with and guided by local marine conservationists.
- Visit one of Australia’s most famous wine regions - the Hunter Valley.
- Chance to see a range of endemic wildlife: bandicoots, kangaroos, penguins, wallabies, pademelons.
- Dive the famous South Solitary Islands with their Grey Nurse Sharks.
- See Humpback Whales and a very good chance to swim with them.
- Pre-flight deco in the stunning Tablelands surrounded by endemic wildlife and ancient rainforest.
Tell us how you like to dive and you could WIN a SCREAM wetsuit!
DATE: SEP 5 - SEP 15, 2019
(10 nights, 11 days) Up to 15 dives.
DAY 1 - Arrive Sydney, transfer to Manly. Overnight Q Station.
DAY 2 - 2 dives Sydney Harbour / optional ghost tour. Overnight Q Station.
DAY 3 - 2 dives Sydney Harbour + 1 night dive. Overnight Q Station.
DAY 4 - Late start. 2 dives Sydney Harbour. Late pm / evening explore Darling Harbour.
DAY 5 - Early morning Bus to the Hunter Valley Wineries (2.5h) for lunch and then drive to Coffs Harbour for early evening (4h).
DAY 6 - up to 2 dives Solitary Islands / pm Whale Watch or swim / kangaroo on headlands
DAY 7 - up to 2 dives Solitary Islands / pm Whale Watch or swim / Grey Nurse Sharks
DAY 8 - up to 2 dives Solitary Islands / pm Whale Watch or swim
DAY 9 - up to 2 dives Solitary Islands / pm Whale Watch or swim
DAY 10 - Early morning Bus to wineries for lunch. Afternoon head into the tablelands to O’Reilly’s for late afternoon wildlife-watching.
DAY 11 - Morning bird walks and tree-top walk exploration. Afternoon drive to Brisbane for evening flights home.
- 10 Breakfasts
- 10 Nights accommodation (Sydney, Coffs Harbour, & Lamington National Park)
- Airport transfers (note, only one transfer for the group, so please coordinate with us for flights to arrive at a similar time)
- Vehicle and driver: Sydney - Coffs, Coffs - Brisbane
- Expert guide and leader
- Presentations by local dive and conservation ambassadors
- Up to 15 dives (7 Sydney Harbour; 8 Solitary Islands) including tanks and weights
- Diving North and South Solitary Islands
- Dive Guides
- Whale watching/whale swim trips
- Guided nature walk in Lamington National Park
- International flights
- Any items of a personal nature
- Travel insurance
- Lunches and evening meals
- Dive gear hire
SYDNEY HARBOUR BRIDGE & Q STATION
Imagine surfacing after a midnight dive under the Sydney Harbour Bridge … exploring for Weedy Sea Dragons, discovering mating Giant Cuttlefish and endemic White Seahorses. You’ll stay in the idyllic sanctuary of Q Station, take an after dark nature / ghost tour and look for bandicoots, ringtail and brushtail possums and Echidnas.
Dining in the restaurant there are Little Penguins that come up to nest (you can often hear them and sometimes see them over the fence). For three days you will explore the city of Sydney with some evening time to relax, take a ferry to Darling Harbour and visit the famous Opera House.
HUNTER VALLEY & COFFS HARBOUR
From Sydney you’ll travel north to the Hunter Valley, one of Australia’s most famous wine regions to stock up with wine before continuing to Coffs harbour where you’ll dive some of Australia’s most iconic sites on the South Solitary Islands where up to 30 Grey Nurse Sharks can be seen together!! You will go looking for Humpback Whales (between 50% and 75% of trips experience seeing them underwater and we’ve got two chances!)
LAMINGTON NATIONAL PARK
Travelling north on the final day, you’ll head into the fresh tablelands via the granite region wineries (stock up for the journey home) and for a night at O’Reilly’s in Lamington National Park, with its spectacular views and masses of Pademelons (tiny kangaroos). The final morning will be a bird walk and raptor display, chance to climb the historic canopy-walkway and explore the rainforest treetops before lunch with spectacular views across the tablelands and a slow drive to Brisbane airport for the journey home.
Terms and Conditions
- This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
- Each entry will be individually judged.
- The competition will close at 31st July 2019.
- The winner will be the person whose three words the judges determine to be the most inspirational.
- The prize is a SCREAM 3mm wetsuit 'subtropica' design. Size is subject to availability.
- The maximum value of the prize is $249 RRP.
- The prize is strictly subject to availability and on the discretion of Wildiaries, ZuBlue, SCREAM wetsuits or Asian Geographic (including Scuba360) and may be substituted for a prize of equal value.
- Employees of the promoters ("Wildiaries"), its agencies or their immediate families will not be eligible to enter the competition.
- The judges' decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All entries become and remain the property of the promoter.
- If the winning entrant does not respond by email within 48 hours, the prize will be deemed void and the judges will award it to another entrant.
- The promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend the competition as necessary due to circumstances outside its control.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
- By entering this competition, you authorise Wildiaries, ZuBlu and SCREAM wetsuits to contact you.
- 20% Promo code can only be used when booking direct on the SCREAM wetsuits website and products are is subject to availability. Promo code expires midnight 31st July 2019 and cannot be used in conjunction with any other SCREAM wetsuits offer.